Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summary Post #1 for C4T

For my first two C4T posts, I was assigned teacher Matthew Needleman's blog, "Creating Lifelong Learners." Mr. Needleman's latest post was an invaluable collection of links for teachers of First Day of School Activities. They included all sorts of great resources for teachers to access for new ideas of how to start the first day of school. There were preparation checklists, interest inventories, ice breakers, and games to play on the first day of school. My post included a "Thank you" to Mr. Needleman for sharing these great ideas with other teachers. I also told him that after teaching for six years like I have, it is so nice to have some fresh ideas at your disposal for the first day of school, which is such a critical day. Being well-prepared on your first day of school is a must for all teachers.

Mr. Needleman's next post was about a new version of Apple's movie editing software, Final Cut Pro X. He has been using the older version of this software for nearly ten years and highly recommends it to teachers interested in making movies. Mr. Needleman, despite mixed professional reviews, is excited about the new version of this software. He also shares a list of links to sites where teachers use and discuss the new software. I humbly admitted in my post that I had never used any movie-making software, but was in a highly progressive technology course that was teaching me all kinds of new things, and movie making was in my immediate future.

Here is the link if you would like to visit Matthew Needleman's Blog: http://creatinglifelonglearners.com/




1 comment: