Sunday, December 4, 2011

C4K Summary Post (covering November comments)

During the month of November, I had the pleasure of commenting on three different classroom blogs. They were all very interesting and I enjoyed reading and responding to them. The first blog was Mr. McClung's World which is a blog by a teacher named Mr. McClung who blogs about his teaching experiences in the classroom. The post I read from Mr. McClung was Lessons Learned. In this blog, Mr. McClung discussed three lessons he had learned from his recent teaching experiences and he shared those lessons. Lesson One was about a fundraiser that his school incorporated for the United Way. The school has different teacher competitions to raise money for this organization. This year students could use their donations to vote on a teacher to grow a beard and Mr. McClung had decided if he won, he would allow the students to choose his beard style. Lesson Two was about a normal day in class when a male student came in wearing a blue tutu and changed the whole demeanor of the classroom. Lastly, Lesson Three was about about the track team that Mr. McClung coaches. I told Mr. McClung that he seems to be a teacher that really enjoys his students and has a great relationship with them. I bet his students really enjoy going to his class, and he is certainly going to be one of those teachers that will make a difference in his students' lives.
The next blog I read and responded to was Mrs. Yollis's Classroom Blog. Mrs. Yollis is a third grade teacher with a great learning style. The post I read form her blog was Hip Hip Array and it was all about examples that she and her students came up with to explain multiplication. I told her class that their post was very informative, and I let my own third grade daughter watch the video that Mrs. Yollis's class had created about arrays. It was fun and my daughter enjoyed it. Mrs. Yollis is such an impressive teacher with a wonderful blog.
The last blog site I visited was Logan @ Pt. England School. This is a school in New Zealand and I read a blog by a student from Room 14 named Logan. His post which was Untitled was written about a school assembly with a space theme that he went to and the funny things that happened there. I told Logan that I liked to learn about space as well and that Star Wars was one of my favorite all time movies. Logan actually was the only student to ever comment back to me. He really appreciated my response to his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment