Sunday, December 4, 2011

Summary Post #4 for C4T

For my last two C4T assignments, I was assigned a blog called Art Viewer. This is the blog of a high school art teacher named John Burrow. Mr. Burrow uses his blog to showcase the art work of his students and the work is very impressive. The first blog post I read from Mr. Burrows was Still Life. This post was about an assignment that Mr. Burrows had given his Drawing II class. They had to use objects from the classroom to create and draw their own still-life. They were told to draw it like they saw it. He had thirty different student examples to view, and you could click on each one to view it larger and separately. They drawings were quite impressive, and I told him that his students had some real artistic talent. I also told him that I really enjoyed the sketches that had included a skateboard. Those were my favorites. I also told him that using a classroom blog to showcase his students' work was a great idea, and I told the students to keep up the great work.
The next blog post I read was The Finished Coke Bottle. Mr. Burrows displayed on his blog a beautifully realistic painting of of a Coke bottle with a lemon and a lime sitting next to it. The colors he used were so perfect and they were splashed in different spots on the painting. I told him that it was an interesting contrast of cool and warm colors and I really liked the texture of the Coke bottle and the lemon and lime. I also told Mr. Burrows that even though I was no artist, I could still appreciate good artwork and I really enjoyed this piece. What a fantastic use of a classroom blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment