Saturday, October 8, 2011

C4K Summary Post (covering September comments)

The first blog that I commented on for our C4K assignment was for a student from Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand named Stephanie. She had written a report on her school's "Silly Sports Day." This was a fun day that all the students enjoyed where they played silly outdoor games. She was very proud of her team for winning the sponge race which was a relay where she and her fellow students had to move water from one bucket to another using only a sponge. I told her that she did a good job on writing her report and congratulated her and her team on winning the sponge race. I told her that I was very impressed with her blog and that I was learning how to blog myself.
My second comment was also to Stephanie. She had created a Google Docs presentation about Canada and their rugby team. She was very excited about the Rugby World Cup being played in her country of New Zealand last month, and each child in her class had to do a presentation about a different team that was playing in the Rugby World Cup. I told her she had done an excellent job on her presentation, and that I was also working on a Google Docs presentation for my class. I also wished her favorite rugby team luck in the upcoming game.
My last blog comment for September was to a student at St. Elmo School. Her name was Kayleigh, and she was part of Andy Capps's St. Elmo Explorers Blog. The students in Kayleigh's PACE class had done an assignment about their differences and similarities. They painted pictures of themselves and shared how they felt they were all different and similar on a video on their blog. Kayleigh felt she was similar to others because she was respectful, and she was different from others because she was adorable. I told her that I loved the colors she used in her painting. I also told her that I thought it was great to be respectful and that she was certainly adorable. I told her and all the students at St. Elmo to keep up all the good work.

1 comment: