Sunday, November 6, 2011

C4K Summary Post (covering October comments)

During the month of October, I had the pleasure of commenting on several classroom blogs. All of them proved to be very interesting. On October 2nd, I was assigned to Milika's blog. She is a student from Point England School in Auckland, New Zealand, and she had designed an avatar for her blog. She explained why she put certain details in her avatar. Her avatar carried a basketball because that is her favorite sport and she also included a puppy because she loves dogs. I told her that my avatar would have to carry a baseball because that's my favorite sport, and that I would include a cat with my avatar because that is my favorite animal. I told her she had done a great job and to keep up the good work with her blog. On October 2nd, I also had to submit my vote for the New Zealand flag on the same classroom blog. I voted for the traditional flag, and that flag actually won by a very small amount in the contest.

On October 9th, I visited another classroom blog from Point England School. This time I read about a group of children going on a field trip to meet their blogging buddies. Both groups of children had a great time, and they explained all the fun things they did like playing on the playground and having morning tea. I told them that my school has another type of Buddy Program. The 6th graders pair up with the 2nd graders to do crafts and play on the playground. However, I told them that we sure would like the idea of having morning tea together, and I asked it that was comparable to our morning snack time.

On October 16th, I visited two students' blogs. First, I was assigned to Cayleigh's blog. She had shared a science report about hair and its importance to the body. I told Cayleigh that she had done a good report and had included lots of interesting information. Then using the random selector, I was sent to Dalton's blog. He had written a science report on the esophagus. I told him that he had also done a good report and had included many interesting facts. He also included a picture of an esophagus, and I commented on how cool that was. I told both students that they were doing a great job with their blogs and to keep up the good work.

On October 23rd, I was assigned to comment on a student named Blake's blog from Mr. C's class. His post was about the reasons he liked to write. I told him that I liked to write as well. I also told him that his blog was very cool with the fiery background he chose and I liked the way he had added quotes from Michael Jordan on his blog as well as a picture. I told him to keep writing and keep learning and that he was doing a great job with technology.

My last post was on October 31st. It was from Room 9 at Point England School, and it was for a child named Zaphanta. She had created an interactive presentation using Hyperstudio of the Australian Outback. I told her that her presentation was very creative and that I really enjoyed the cool music she used. I also liked her animals and I learned that Australia is the 6th biggest country in the world. I told her that I was very impressed with her work and that she seems to know a lot about technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment